Question #21664

Can a student get instate tuition in Florida from their parents residency or for medical reasons?

I have lived in Michigan my whole life, I even went to college there for a year and a half, but for medical reasons I had to drop out and move in with my parents who have lived in florida for 2 years. I now would like to apply for a college in Florida. I have only been living with them for a couple months, but want...

  • Ryan M

There is no such exemption for medical reasons. Also, your parents do not establish residency for you. Residency is based on where YOU live and have made a residence.